This is it! The big one!
The combat changes everyone has been trying out on the Test Server are going in tonight! The staff understand this is a big change, but we think it's a pretty damn awesome one, and we think you will too. We appreciate the players who have been helping us out by providing feedback and working with us- we couldn't have done it without you! See below to see what we have in store for you this update.
To start off our update, we have a new bug bounty program! Players that find server bugs and report them to us, and or help us troubleshoot/fix them, will be eligible to receive a new vanity "Buggy Baldric" for their efforts. First one to be given out with this update. Please don't use the production server to test out bugs - if you have a bug, please let a staff member know and we'll get a fix in. Thanks to all who have been helping out thus far!
Core Gameplay Changes
- Spell Criticals are now part of the game. Your spell critical hit rate is based off of your intelligence
- Cast resist has been removed from the game. It has been replaced with spell resistance. This means that every spell will land although the damage or effect may be reduced OR increased based on the target's spell resistance value.
- Myst Shrugging is back! Shrugging chance is based off of Intelligence / Dexterity for some spells and Strength / Endurance for others.
- Myst Resist is gone, rip in peace
- Armor rating is now averaged across all armor pieces providing a more predictable amount of damage mitigation
- Armor weights have been normalized across the game for balance reasons, the equation is 1 stone per 5 AR
- Melee critical hit is now based off of dexterity and intelligence to provide more diverse melee build options
- Weapon damage has been tweaked on existing valuable weapons to be in line with our new balance formula
- Blood Sledge has received a balance pass and now gives + 50% Necro SDM, +1 Attack and + 1 Strength
- All valuable weapons have had their weights balanced at a rate of 1 stone per 5 damage
- Some of the loot in the vault has been cycled out and replaced with new collectibles
- NPCs will no longer cast Rust or Incinerate
- The Nightmare Helmet Necro SDM boost has been reduced to 25%
- Drop rates across many dungeons have been increased in response to the latest data analytics
- The memorial has been updated again!
Temporarily Reduced Respec Price
The staff understands these changes are large in nature and, as such, we have temporarily reduced the cost of respecs to 1 copper each and have granted all game accounts five coppers.
The respec price will remain at 1 copper for the weekend and will return to it's normal 250 on Monday.
More information about coppers and respecs can be found here